Shopping Guide to the UCR Virtual Library site
- Register a new account by completing the registration form.
- Log in using the email and password you entered when you registered your new account.
- Select the currency (dollars or colones) to see the prices of all products in the currency you select.
- Select the book (s) you want to buy and add them to the shopping cart. Select the correct format: not all books are available as ebook.
- Check the shopping cart. If it contains everything you want, select CHECKOUT.
- Select the shipping method.
Shopping within Costa Rica: Shipping costsare calculated according to province of destiny and weight of package. Arrives within 5 -8 working days.
You can also choose "Pickup from Store," which has no cost. You will reciev a telephone call to coordinate pick up.
Purchases outside of Costa Rica: The shipment is made through the Expreso System of Correos de Costa Rica. It is a secure system, which arrives directly at the address you indicate. Arrives within 15 to 22 working days.
Shopping for digital books: When you are buying a digital book, you should always select this option. Do not select it if you are buying books in printed format, as the shipping process will not be billed and the order will not be sent. If you want to buy a digital book, make sure that the book of your choice is available in that format.
- Enter your credit card information. This system is very safe: only you and the bank have access to your card information. The UCR Library DOES NOT have access to that information.
- Download your digital book
Within the section "My account" you will find, under "ORDERS" the item "Downloads". You will find there the digital book file that you have acquired. To download, use the button on the right. Remember that you will have three days after the purchase to be able to download your file. The download button will be blocked after the three days have passed. Find the downloaded file in the download folder defined by your browser.